Sushant Singh Rajput started his career with the daily soap, ‘Pavitra Rishta’ and soon became one of the most loved Indian T.V. actors. His role as ‘Manav Deshmukh’ gave him the hall of fame. But Sushant Singh Rajput wasn’t satisfied with the success he tasted. He wanted more, so went out doing films and proved his versatile talent. He won accolades from everyone for the movie ‘Kai Po Che’. This dimpled smile guy is all ready to prove himself again with the biopic ‘M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story’. Here’re a few lesser known facts about this handsomely talented actor:
1. Sushant Singh Rajputwas born in Patna. His father was a government official. He is the youngest and only son in his family. He has four elder sisters, one of whom is a state level cricketer. His mother passed away when he was in 12th standard. The actor spent his childhood in Delhi.
2. He was one of the finest students during his school days and stood at 7th Rank AIEEE in 2003. The actor even got admission in Delhi College of Engineering and even did Mechanical Engineering but later chose glam world over studies.
3. ‘Pavitra Rishta’ wasn’t the debut of Sushant in Indian T.V. He started with the role of Preet Juneja in the serial ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Dil Mera’.
4. He is often touted as another SRK in Bollywood since he had no family relation in the glamor industry and made it big after being part of Indian T.V. Sushant self-confessed he used to mimic King Khan during his school days to impress girls.
5. The actor puts so much reality into his physical appearance for the role that a unit member mistook him as a helper on the set of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy.
6. He was one of the dancers under choreographer Shaiamak Davara and was a background dancer in many of the events like Commonwealth Games 2006 and Filmfare the same year. Before entering the industry, he has even shaken a leg with Ashley Lobo’s troupe.
7. Sushant took martial art lessons from Allan Ami.
8. This genius lad was also the National Olympiad Winner in Physics.
9. He assisted the director MohitSuri during the filming of Raaz 2.
10. It is rumored that the actor joined a theater group ‘Ekjute’ and was also a student at Bary John’s drama classes.