UPSC announces NDA and Naval Academy exam dates for 2020.
The Union Public Service Commission announces the exam dates for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy. According to the details from UPSC, this year’s exam will be held on September 6, 2020. Last date to submit the application forms is July 6, 2020.
“An examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 06th September, 2020 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 146th Course, and for the 108th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd July, 2021,” says UPSC.
A few important dates for the candidates taking up the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy exam this year.
- Date of Notification – 16.06.2020
- Date of Examination – 06.09.2020
- Last Date to Submit Forms – 06.07.2020
- Time of Form Submission – 6 pm
To take up the NDA and NA exam there are certain criterias that a candidate must fulfill. A candidate must be an unmarried male born not earlier than January 2, 2002 and not later than January 1, 2005. According to the UPSC notification, the candidates must undertake not to marry until completing their full training.
Other criterias that a candidate must fulfill are : a candidate must be
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetian refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of becoming a permanent resident of India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kenya and Uganda.
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zaire, Zambi, Vietnam and Malawi with the intention of becoming permanent resident of India.
How to Apply?
As per the UPSC notification, the candidates will have to apply for the exam through mode only. No other mode of application will be available for submission of forms. The candidates can apply using the website upsconline.nic.in.
Those candidates who do not want to appear for the exam can withdraw their names through the website. The UPSC has introduced the facility of withdrawal of application.
While filling out the form the candidates need to upload the details of one of their photo ID. It may be Aadhar/Voter Card/PAN/Passport/Driving License or any other photo ID approved by the government.